Thursday, January 31, 2008

Nurse, Scalpel Please

Yesterday, exactly one week after the accident, I had an appointment at The Indiana Hand Center in Indianapolis. The physicians at the Center have an excellent reputation and this is where I wanted to be seen – and seen I was. I will make a long story short because I can still only type in the hunt & peck method:

Good news first…the finger re-attachment has taken wonderfully and it appears that I will be able to recover full feeling, sensation and use of my finger.

Now the not so good news…I will be having finger surgery tomorrow, Friday, February 1st at the crack of dawn in Indy. This is needed to repair the nail bed and to set the broken finger bone with a pin. Sounds like I will not be knitting or line handling for quite some time.

No comments: