Sunday, February 3, 2008

Don’t tell Captain Mark that I am on the computer

Thank you all for the cards, calls and flowers. I am typing this quickly because I am not supposed to be on the computer and my left hand is supposed to be elevated above my heart at all times for the next two weeks. As you can imagine, it is very hard to type with one hand in the air – it throws my balance off to say nothing of how stupid it looks.

The surgery on my finger went well. Now I have a huge cast-like bandage on my finger that will be in place for two weeks until I go back for a follow up visit. A pin is sticking out of the top of the bandage (and my finger) with a cute little blue ball on the end of it. I have good drugs so I am comfortable, but I can not do anything. This means no knitting, typing (I am sneaking as Mark is asleep) on the computer, and no hands in water. I have the new Stephen King and James Patterson books, so I have plenty to read and to keep me busy. Captain Mark also taped many of the original Twilight Zone episodes so that I can watch them as I loll about. I am being taken care of wonderfully by Captain Mark who is doing a great job with the laundry and the cooking. See old dogs can learn new tricks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda,

I have been watching your blog for months now. We are also looping and are in the Bahamas. So terribly sorry about your accident-these things happen so quickly and to any one of us. Hope to hear you are back on the water soon. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful hand color - you look good all green and purple.
tc

Anonymous said...

Linda:

I'm sorry to hear about your accident....I think if you get one of those big cocktail rings you might be able to "hide" the wrap. Just make sure the ring color works well the the other colors on your hand!!! Seriously if you need anything or a place to stay while in Indy...me casa su casa.
Margie L