Friday, September 12, 2008

Life is all a matter of perspective

Sometimes life is so rough that we hardly know how to cope. The following is an email that I received from our ever suffering Lolligag blog editor. I did strike out his name to protect the innocent but some of you may recognize one of Chicago's well connected and highly compensated legal minds...


During a recent weekend I learned what happens when one thinks about another boat brand. Saturday afternoon I headed, by car, to Kenosha to check out a brand new Riviera 44 footer at the local dealer. Near Old Orchard shopping mall, the low coolant light came on--which should never happen as the engine cooling is pursuant to what is called a closed system. Luckily--sort of--I was only about 7/8 miles from the Porsche dealer and the service department was open. 2.5 hours later they topped up the coolant but could find no leaks. So I rescheduled the meeting in Kenosha for Sunday at 11 am.

Got there on time , spent 1.5 hours with the sales guy--nice boat/not a Sabre--and headed home. After 15 miles of construction on the Tollway, I was pulled over for speeding and couldn't find my proof of insurance. So Lawyer --- was ticketed. After 45 minutes of being written up, I continued much more slowly towards home. On the Edens, just past the start of the latest resurfacing, the car felt odd--yup, flat tire. I got off the Edens and after several calls to the AARP Roadside Service, obviously located in India, I was able to explain that I needed help changing a tire. I tried to do it myself, but my car has this screw jack that was nearly impossible for me to turn. Boy did I feel old and weak. An hour later, the very nice, 25-year old weight lifter car repair guy showed up and he could barely turn the screw jack (I felt slightly better). However, the tire got changed--I now have a RED doughnut tire on the car with the giant, filthy, greasy flat tire in my passenger's seat since it won't fit in the trunk. This a.m., I ordered a new tire.



Moral--don't cheat on your boat brand.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog editor clearly needs to be fired. He should know that there is no S at the end of the word toward.

A concerned PR professional