Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Observations, Editorials and Resolutions

Some things just do not fit into the daily event blogs so here is a collection of a few of my favorite things:

Living Will:

Last night my sisters and I were sitting in the den and I said, “I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle to keep me alive. That would be no quality of life at all…if that ever happens, just pull the plug.”

So they got up, unplugged the computer and threw out my wine.
These are my sisters Sandi and Lisa…




Knitting Thoughts:

Being a knitter allows me to experience so many wonderful feelings:

Finding a new yarn shop.



Several of you asked to see pictures of Maxwell in the sweater that I knit for him. Isn’t he just the cutest little guy ever!!



As a result of being a Lolligag crew member, Terry has rediscovered knitting with the Wallaby by designer Carol Anderson as her specialty item.



While visiting us in Washington DC, our granddaughter Madeline allowed me to teach her to knit. Being a grandparent is full of so many wonderful times and feelings but watching Madeline knit has to be one of my proudest moments.










My Cathy



This is my former boss Cathy who now works for the City of Chicago with the O'Hare Airport Expansion Project. I always knew that she was meant for higher and loftier things!

A new boat for Bob:

As we were coming up through the Carolinas, we found the perfect boat for our friends Bob and Maryann. I am pretty sure it is a Sabre…




Finger Update:

I find it truly amazing that my finger has healed as well as it has. When I remember how the first ER doctor in Mobile did not think that there was any chance of saving the finger tip, I am ever so grateful that we returned to Indiana for surgery at the Indiana Hand Center. If one looks very closely at my finger, one can see that it is slightly deformed but at least it is there and functioning. I would say that I have about 95% feeling in the finger, 100% mobility and I am very very lucky indeed!



Editorial:


One of the first things a resident of Chicago learns is that you are either a Cubs fan or a Sox fan. In our household (boathold?), we are one of each. I am the Cubs fan and silly Captain Mark is a Sox Fan. This year may prove to be apocalyptic in that the World Series may just be a Chicago Cross Town Classic. GO CUBS!!







Resolution:

I have always thought the New Year begins in September instead of January because for me this is when everything in my life was fresh and new as the school year began. So with that thought in mind, I am resolving to lose 25 pounds by next March. My goal is to lose 13 pounds by 12.31.08 and the remaining 12 pounds by 3.1.09. In order to accomplish this goal while still living on the boat, I have started running. Running is probably a very loose term for what I am actually doing, but hey, I am trying. I have an online coach who is guiding and advising me and Mr Loaf accompanies me as I run. My job is to lose the weight, your job is to keep me on track – be brutal as I will need all the incentive that you can provide.

No comments: