Monday, October 8, 2007

Notes on the delay in communications and blog entries

Warning: A previously testy and very crabby person is writing this message but I have seen the light and now am calm. First of all, I sincerely want to thank everyone who called and/or emailed us to make sure that we are okay. In all honesty we are fine and I hope it shows from the blog entries that I have uploaded (now that I have a signal). We are truly having a wonderful time and the trip thus far has given us experiences beyond what we had hoped to receive. I can’t state highly enough how much we are enjoying the journey and the wonderful people that we are meeting along the way. If at any time there is a problem or emergency, our daughter Samantha will post to the blog to let everyone know what has happened. So when you do not hear from me it means that we are in no-where land and that all is well. No news is still good news.

The reason for the lack of blog entries was due to the lack of a cellular signal or Internet connection. I never dreamed that we would be without a signal while on the Mississippi River but sure enough, it happened. What is more surprising is that I survived the ordeal and I may have even “become a better person for it”. (A phrase that my girls will recognize instantly). Once I resigned myself to the fact that I could not email or communicate by cell phone, a wave of calmness overcame me. I suddenly realized that life can carry on without a cyber umbilical cord and that my world would not end. In fact, it was very refreshing in some ways…not that I want to get use to it, but I now think I can handle non-cyber space for short periods of time without physical withdrawal.

No comments: