Monday, July 19, 2010

Reality or Fantasy?

I love to fly – the smaller the plane, the more I love the experience. Most people think I am nuts to feel this way but the thrill of flying is beyond explanation for me. Our daughters know this of me, so for my 60th birthday, my gift was a skydiving adventure. I had to wait until I was 61 to actually make the dive due to this trip and weather conditions, but when I jumped, it was THE MOST AWESOME experience of my life – nothing compares to the thrill of free falling. And the view from up that high was extraordinary beyond words.



I often joke that my next husband will be a pilot and that he must possess his own plane so that I can fly whenever I want. I have tried every which way from Sunday to convince Captain Mark to get his pilot’s license but he wants absolutely no part of flying or even riding in a small plane.




Before making this trip, I thought that any plane would be fine but now I have concluded that my next husband must not only be a pilot but own a seaplane as well. Up here in Canada, they are also called boat planes and they seem to be everywhere.

Of course, the real solution to my fantasy would be for me to get my pilot’s license…and I just might do that!

No comments: