Sunday, August 16, 2009

Oh My Beloved Kurt

I think, no I know that my computer is dying…my trusty friend Kurt (as he, the laptop, has been affectionately named for the love of my fantasy life Kurt Russell) has been acting out for the last couple of weeks. It started by his passive-aggressive behavior whenever I wanted to view pictures. Kurt would wake up, yawn, stretch and after about fifteen minutes he would maybe open a photo. If I wanted to edit the photo, that would not take quite as long – say only about five minutes before Kurt would show me see my picture.

When I was not daunted by this childish behavior, he would simply hiccup several times, make his screen turn all sorts of crazy colors and then return to whatever task I was performing at the time. While this was irritating, I continued to pretend that all was well in the cyber world.

Still not giving him the attention that he thought he deserved, Kurt then pulled the mother of all temper tantrums…he simply chose to turn himself off whenever he pleased. I would be happily working on an extremely important email or engrossing blog entry and without so much as a “see ya later alligator”, Kurt would just shut down.

So before he faded into the sunset forever, Kurt did allow me to back up all of my data files and copy my pictures onto CDs. I am eternally grateful that Kurt granted me this final task as I would have been most upset if I had lost my photos. To thank him for his act of kindness, Kurt and I will be spending some quality time at the luxurious laptop resort at the BB Spa (aka Best Buy) to be fondled and pampered by the Geek Squad.

No comments: