Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Observations

Computers:
For those of you who suffered with me as I entered the nasty world of Windows Vista last fall, I hope you will find this cartoon as appropriate as I did...



Underwear:
Females do not wear underwear in the Keys. It is so hot in the Keys that almost every woman that we saw (except Abby) chose to forgo their bras. I must admit that I find this custom admirable in spirit and comfort but like the majority of women who frequent nude beaches, this is not something that most of us really want to see…but then I am just jealous that I do not have the nerve to partake of this custom in public.




Boating Skills:
As we made our way through Biscayne Bay into Miami, the water was quite choppy with large white caps. Captain Mark looked at me and said "If the waters in Lake Michigan were this rough, you would never have agreed to leave the harbor." He was absolutely correct in this statement but what was amazing was that I did not even give a thought to how rough the seas were as me made our way into Miami. While we have not been caught in The Perfect Storm as yet, we have had our share of bouncing around so far in this trip. At this point I have such confidence in the Lolligag and Mark's ability (as well as mine) to handle the boat that I know that as long as we exercise good judgment and are respectful of the weather that we will be safe. I think this has been the most valuable lesson that I have learned so far in our journey.

1 comment:

Last Paradise said...

Thanks for noticing that I am not a true "KEYS" woman!!! Hahaha, I have to agree with you on that point though. Even after cruising full time for 2 years there are just some things I cannot give up, bras and shaving just to name a few!!